Re: Metalink moved

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 20:21:23 +0100

Joey.Dantoni_at_gmail.com wrote:
> On Oct 2, 9:46 am, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor..._at_gmail.com>
> wrote:

>> kyb..._at_mail.med.upenn.edu wrote:
>>
>>> The BIG question for me is how long are they going to keep
>>> "classic metalink" around????
>> forever, I hope - they just don't understand lean and mean
>> is just a tad more professional.
>> Take Google - you think a flash intro would have worked for
>> them? No way.
>>

> Frank--agree completely. I'm still using classic Metalink--it wasn't
> broken so why fix it? There were a few improvements that could have
> been made, but keep the same basic clean look.

Me too. Even someone with half a brain would realise that their target audience is Oracle professionals/DBAs, who want answers speedily, not cosmetics. If they wanted to throw some money at it, why on earth didn't they just improve the search facilities?

IMHO the information on bugs/patches/workarounds, and other advice in the Notes is generally first class, but sometimes it can be time consuming to find exactly what one seeks. It's frustrating when one thinks "I'm sure the answer is in here somewhere, but I'm damned if I can find it".

Palooka Received on Thu Oct 02 2008 - 14:21:23 CDT

Original text of this message