Re: How could we make Grid Control send emails repeated forever, until the problem resolved

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 22:45:14 -0700

emdproduction_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am learning Oracle Grid Control.
>
> If my server is down and I configured Grid Control to send emails to
> me, I can sepecify it send it to me every 15 minute and repeat say 100
> times.
>
> But that is not what I want. I would like Grid Control to send me
> unlimited emails until the issue is resolved, or cleared.
>
> Thanks

If one email is not enough for a DBA to react and fix the problem the issue is the professionalism and competence of the DBA. If 100 aren't enough ... 100,000 won't do the job either.

The last things I want when trying to to fix an urgent issue is management standing around asking how long it will take and emails that are a distraction and make it harder for me to get my job done.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor