Re: Report what tables or columns being used and how often.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Sep 2008 22:46:13 +0200

On Sat, 20 Sep 2008 12:24:15 -0700, srivenu wrote:

> I dont think there is a straight forward way to do this. You can query &
> store OBJECT_OWNER, OBJECT_NAME, OBJECT_ALIAS, OBJECT_TYPE,
> ACCESS_PREDICATES, FILTER_PREDICATES & PROJECTION columns from
> V$SQL_PLAN frequently and then use PL/SQL code to check what columns in
> DBA_TABLES are being referred. regards
> srivenu

Srivenu, there is a table SYS.COL_USAGE$ which records column usage. Here is an old Tom Kyte's article from Oracle Magazine (May 2006), directly from my bookmarks:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/oramag/oracle/06-may/o36asktom.html

That table seems like a pretty good candidate to find out about the used columns.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com