Re: user jobs in Database Control 10g

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 22:03:47 +0100

sybrandb wrote:
> On 23 sep, 08:59, "timo" <timo.ta..._at_luukku.com> wrote:

>> Hi,
>> In our Db there are some schema users with jobs submitted.
>> Problem is that I cannot find those jobs in Database Control (10g)...
>> (In TOAD etc there's no problems)
>>
>> BR,
>> Timo

> You can not find them using Database Control because Oracle introduced
> a new mechanism to schedule jobs, called dbms_scheduler.
> Database Control exclusively oversees dbms_scheduler jobs, the jobs
> submitted through dbms_jobs are ignored.
> There is way more functionality in the scheduler (the scheduler also
> deals with O/S jobs, so it replaces cron and/or the Scheduled Tasks
> applet in Windows Control Panel), so you could consider upgrading.
> You would need to monitor the 'old-style' jobs in Database Control by
> submitting SQL.

Sybrand,

PMFJI. No argument with anything you say, but (assuming that the iSQL*Plus link is not available), how does one submit SQL in OEM Database Control? Are you referring to the extensibility stuff in document B16246-02, or to something else?

I am asking in the context of 10.2.0.4 with OEM Database Control.

Thanks,
Palooka Received on Tue Sep 23 2008 - 16:03:47 CDT

Original text of this message