Re: How could we make Grid Control send emails repeated forever, until the problem resolved

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2008 17:57:36 -0500

emdproduction_at_hotmail.com wrote:
> I am learning Oracle Grid Control.
>
> If my server is down and I configured Grid Control to send emails to
> me, I can sepecify it send it to me every 15 minute and repeat say 100
> times.
>
> But that is not what I want. I would like Grid Control to send me
> unlimited emails until the issue is resolved, or cleared.
>
> Thanks

just curious, but to do anticipate not being able to restore your db to service in < 25hrs (100*15/60).. so if you repeat it 300 times, then I would expect any db to be functional well before 75hrs. We recently restored a 1.3TB db in < 2.5 hrs from TAPE (don't ask - long story...) Received on Sat Sep 20 2008 - 17:57:36 CDT

Original text of this message