Re: what is the fastest way to restore a db

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 15:48:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Sep 18, 8:00 am, Marco <marco.strull..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
> what is the fastest way to restore an oracle db? I'm using impdp but
> it's really slow compared to other databases tools (for example db2
> restore command)
> the command I'm using is something like:
>
> impdp fx2/password_at_teng REMAP_TABLESPACE='FXTS':'FX2TS' directory=dump
> PARALLEL=2 dumpfile=fx_dump.dmp REMAP_SCHEMA=fx:fx2 NOLOGFILE=Y
> TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION=replace
>
> Regards,
>
> Marco Strullato

Look into the transportable tablespace option if appropriate for what you are doing.

Also you may have noted from the other responses database does not equal schema in Oracle.

You need to be much more specific as to what you are trying to accomplish to get a good answer.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
This room has no windows, and no doors!  Of course, there's always my