Re: what is the fastest way to restore a db

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:42:25 -0500

Marco wrote:
> Hi all,
> what is the fastest way to restore an oracle db? I'm using impdp but
> it's really slow compared to other databases tools (for example db2
> restore command)
> the command I'm using is something like:
>
> impdp fx2/password_at_teng REMAP_TABLESPACE='FXTS':'FX2TS' directory=dump
> PARALLEL=2 dumpfile=fx_dump.dmp REMAP_SCHEMA=fx:fx2 NOLOGFILE=Y
> TABLE_EXISTS_ACTION=replace
>
> Regards,
>
> Marco Strullato

Use Oracle 10g+ and FLASHBACK. Takes minutes depending on the size. I will leave the "howto" to the OP.

Assuming of course this is your TEST database and not your production database...

As others have stated you are only restoring one schema. Most apps I deal with cross multiple schema in a database and need to keep all of them in sync. Received on Fri Sep 19 2008 - 13:42:25 CDT

Original text of this message