Re: Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

From: DA Morgan <>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 22:11:40 -0700

Goni wrote:
> Hello,
> I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC
> shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5.
> One oracle instance is running fine on node1, while when we try to
> start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.
> Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.
> Update: I tried to start init.crsd again after many unsuccessful
> attempts and this time it started. and off course it also started all
> the instances and listeners. Any clues why and when this service goes
> down and why it was not coming back up?
> I am not a DBA, I am a sys admin. But trying to resolve with that I
> got as a so called DBA :)
> Muhammad

Clue 1: You don't have a RAC cluster. Just the appearance of one. Clue 2: Dump the Veritas Clusterware. It is totally unnecessary.

To help you beyond this post the full version and the string of cluster verify commands and responses that indicate you have a RAC cluster or that clusterware is properly configured.

Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
Puget Sound Oracle Users Group