Oracle RAC 10g R2 - Instance problem

From: Goni <nbhatti_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 17:02:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I have Oracle RAC 10g R2 running over Solaris 10 on an E2900 with EMC shared storage. Running Veritas Cluster and Volume Manager version 5. One oracle instance is running fine on node1, while when we try to start second instance on node2, both of the instances hangs.

Any clues, info .. anything? I'll post more information if required.

Update: I tried to start init.crsd again after many unsuccessful attempts and this time it started. and off course it also started all the instances and listeners. Any clues why and when this service goes down and why it was not coming back up?

I am not a DBA, I am a sys admin. But trying to resolve with that I got as a so called DBA :)

Muhammad Received on Tue Sep 09 2008 - 19:02:57 CDT

Original text of this message