Re: design question

From: yossarian <yossarian99_at_operamail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2008 09:39:08 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:

>> Yet some developers want to treat the database as a bit bucket, and
>> forget all the lessons learned over the last 30 years.

> There is a special name for those people ... They call them Java
> developers.

I followed a thread yesterday on it.comp.java about database independent apps. My point was that the only way to achieve that is to move SQL statements inside stored procedures and do only JDBC "{call ...}" statements on the Java side. They completely missed the point and suggested to use JPA to do the job, so they don't have to write a line of SQL (!). I'm wondering what is using JPA to interact with the database...

Y. Received on Tue Sep 09 2008 - 02:39:08 CDT

Original text of this message