Re: 10g with HACMP (no RAC)?

From: Uwe Weber <>
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2008 21:23:25 +0200
> Obviously, not using RAC, you won't have any load balancing and
> transparent application failover.
> You also don't have the option of cross instance recovery (instance 2
> helps instance 1 in recovery).

Of course not. Everything I know about Oracle on HACMP is from an environment where they introduced HACMP back in ORA 7 days and slowly started to migrate to RAC during their migration to 10g.
> Consequently I don't understand why you see this as a viable solution.

Where did I say that? But if the OP ist stuck with this anyway, I might as well give him some info about it. I am not into RAC sales.

uwe Received on Mon Sep 08 2008 - 14:23:25 CDT

Original text of this message