Re: DataPump question

From: Steve Howard <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 04:58:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 28, 11:32 pm, wrote:
> A couple of questions..
> On Oracle 10gR2,
> 1) Is it possible to run multiple concurrent impdp jobs for the
> multiple  partitions of a  table?  i.e. one impdp job per partition..
> [No! I can't run them all  in the same impdp job  due to very specifc
> requirement ]
> 2) Is there way to find out  which API ( DIRECT load or enternal
> table ) has been used in the datapump exp/imp job?
> Thanks

1 is possible, but while doing this with datapump in parallel on a fairly large (700GB) 16 partition table we ran into an "enqueue TM contention" event that Oracle support is still chewing on ( on x86-64). Effectively, it limited us to loading only one partition at a time. Something to watch out for... Received on Fri Aug 29 2008 - 06:58:39 CDT

Original text of this message