Re: DataPump question

From: <>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 06:39:04 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks Steve.

> 1 is possible, but while doing this with datapump in parallel on a
> fairly large (700GB) 16 partition table we ran into an "enqueue TM
> contention" event that Oracle support is still chewing on ( on
> x86-64).  Effectively, it limited us to loading only one partition at
> a time.  Something to watch out for...

Steve, so from your reply , by design, It's possible to run multiple Datapump import jobs in parallel for mutiple partitions [ one impdp job per one partition ] but due to some bug you are not able to run this... Did I get this right? Received on Fri Aug 29 2008 - 08:39:04 CDT

Original text of this message