Re: RMAN

From: <artmerar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 12:01:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 27, 1:19 pm, artme..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We're setting up RMAN and configuring our environment. We are on
> Oracle 10gR2. I'm having trouble understand these commands:
>
> CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK BACKUP TYPE TO COMPRESSED BACKUPSET
> PARALLELISM 20;
> CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT '/disk1/ora_df%t_s%s_s%p';
>
> They both specify disk. But, can they be combined into one command?
> The documentation is really not specific on this. They show different
> variants of the above, but I did not find anything on a combination of
> the commands. If we can do it in one command, it makes more
> sense......
>
> Thank you.

Sorry for the double post, but as we are reading and seeing BACKUPSET and BACKUPPIECE........we can see that a piece is part of a set. But, if you need to break up the set into pieces, why not just make smaller size sets??

Also, how does this relate to FILESPERSET?

We're all new to this.....

Thank you Received on Wed Aug 27 2008 - 14:01:19 CDT

Original text of this message