RMAN

From: <artmerar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 11:19:49 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

We're setting up RMAN and configuring our environment. We are on Oracle 10gR2. I'm having trouble understand these commands:

CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK BACKUP TYPE TO COMPRESSED BACKUPSET PARALLELISM 20;
CONFIGURE CHANNEL DEVICE TYPE DISK FORMAT '/disk1/ora_df%t_s%s_s%p';

They both specify disk. But, can they be combined into one command? The documentation is really not specific on this. They show different variants of the above, but I did not find anything on a combination of the commands. If we can do it in one command, it makes more sense......

Thank you. Received on Wed Aug 27 2008 - 13:19:49 CDT

Original text of this message