Re: Licensing rules for Data Guard

From: Neil Truby <neil.truby_at_ardenta.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2008 09:03:09 +0100

"Palooka" <nobody_at_nowhere.com> wrote in message news:8a4qk.60992$8y1.14218_at_newsfe18.ams2...

> Aren't you the guy who was asking about transferring a whole lot of data
> to Oracle a few years back? It was for some retailer or other (Londis was
> my guess). I recommended SQL*Loader direct path if the data was known to
> be clean. How did it go?

What a good memory!
The requirement arose because Lawson removed Informix support from its new product.
There were several hundred Gig to migrate, and in the end it never happened. The customer contibues to run on Informix on the elderly version of Lawson, but is in the process of moving much of the system to Oracle Financials. Received on Mon Aug 18 2008 - 03:03:09 CDT

Original text of this message