Re: expdp filesize but impdp error (Data Pump)

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 17:52:47 +0200 (CEST)

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 06:56:33 -0700, aman.oracle.dba wrote:

> That is what I read it. But I was confuse because in Oracle 9i we can do
> import with one file at a time.

That is the problem with 9i. It cannot process files in parallel. The 10g version, impdp can do that. Of course, you need all the files present before you start but you gain speed. Of course, there is nothing preventing you from doing the old, 9i style export/import but in that case, you must kiss the speed goodbye.

--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com