Re: expdp filesize but impdp error (Data Pump)

From: aman.oracle.dba <aman.oracle.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 06:56:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Aug 10, 6:10 pm, sybra..._at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 05:46:22 -0700 (PDT), "aman.oracle.dba"
>
> <aman.oracle...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> >Is there anything which can be done.
>
> >Please suggest.
>
> >Thanks,
>
> The obvious answer of course is doing the one thing you refuse to do:
> reading the documentation.
> I have read the documentation on your behalf for free, and noticed all
> dumpfiles need to be present at import, or you will get this error.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks Sybrand.

That is what I read it. But I was confuse because in Oracle 9i we can do import with one file at a time.
But is that means if we have less space on the server where we are going to imp then we should go for imp rather then data pump.

Regards,
Steve Received on Sun Aug 10 2008 - 08:56:33 CDT

Original text of this message