Is this a CAREER-ENDING mistake ? Accidently ran catalog.sql

From: Richard <RSL101_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 17:54:29 -0700 (PDT)

Platform 9i on solaris.

EXP(ort) was not functioning correctly so I ran catexp.sql as sys. Still had some minor problem, at this point I ran CATALOG.sql because some notes seem to suggest CATALOG.sql calls catexp.sql so why not run the whole thing. Only to find it is a NO-NO against an existing db. When I ran it it errors out with tons of display so I ctrl-C out of it and check what catalog.sql does and got the shattering news that it rebuilds the data dictionary, ok if you are building new db not existing one.

I can still connect to the db but can't do much else. Says invalid pl/ sql packages when doing simple select * from dba_users, I was afraid to even look at the output. Please help ! Received on Wed Aug 06 2008 - 19:54:29 CDT

Original text of this message