Re: Creating an oracle database on Win XP

From: Precipice Development Intl <lookatsignature_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:50:26 -0700

Hi

Any of the above suggestions will work. If you installed Oracle without selecting the option to create a database during installation, or need to install another one, you need to run the DBCA. It should be under Configuration and Migration Tools in the Oracle Program group. Look for Database Configuration Assistant. It lets you create, configure, delete and manage databases. If you don't see that look for a file called dbca.bat. It will be in the bin directory of Oracle HOME It will launch the assistant.

Cheers

Jerry Henzel
Precipice Development Intl
precipice.development can be contacted at gmail.com http://www.precipicedevelopment.com