Re: MSACCESS hangs

From: Pete's <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 09:33:13 -0700 (PDT)

> There is no way you should be logging in with MS Access and seeing
> user$ under normal circumstances. If you can see it then you should
> explain what system privs/roles were granted that allow it.
> What you are describing is possibly a gross security breach.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
> University of Washington
> (replace x with u to respond)
> Puget Sound Oracle Users

Again note, I'm not seeing user$ via Access, this is what I queried out of the database of what the session was running. It's either a piece of sql that Oracle runs behind the scenes, or, what Access runs. In other words, the user is trying to get MS Access to get them a list of objects and it's not coming up.

I don't disagree with you in regards to patching, it needs to get done but has not. I also don't disagree with the use of Access as a front end but I do not have control over that, I'm not the application developer.

Pete's Received on Wed Jul 23 2008 - 11:33:13 CDT

Original text of this message