Re: Oracle Financials Install

From: Shakespeare <whatsin_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 20:23:37 +0200

"newbie" <rjngh2005_at_gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:6c96b502-f503-4498-b8f8-2cc609a3743d_at_y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com...
> Guys,
>
> I need help with a Oracle E-Business install on a test system (Windows
> Vista) on my PC at home..
>
> This is basically a test system for learning purposes only.....
>
> I hope that someone out there in Cyberspace is willing to help and
> guide me through this process....
>

> Thanks in Advance.....

I hope you have a lot of:

- Disk Space
- Memory
- CPU Power
- Time
- Patience

EBS has a rapid install wizard. (Something like rapidwiz.cmd, don't know the Windows name). Read the rapid install doc's that come with the installation CD's (it's actually very straight forward if you do a single user, single server install). It will just take a lot of time (12 hours is not exceptional) and patience. You can even choose to install a demo system (VIS) with its own data.

When you install: take care the stage directory and target directory are not on the same disk. It will save you lots of time if there on seperate disks.

Shakespeare Received on Tue Jul 22 2008 - 13:23:37 CDT

Original text of this message