Re: procedure submitted to dbms_job - implicit commit?

From: joel garry <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 22, 7:13 am, steph <> wrote:
> Hi group,
> I'm just wondering - and I tried to look it up in the documentation:
> When I submit a dbms_job calling a pl/sql-procedure and this procedure
> does some data-changes - is it for sure that this changes are
> commited? (There is no commit in the procedure.)
> I've tried with a little test-case and the job's changes seem to be
> commited - but I'm not sure if this is standard behaviour. Is it
> possible to submit a job that does no implicit commit?

Besides what Dan Blum noted, see metalink Note:61730.1.

> Thanks,
> stephan
> Oh, my version of Oracle is 10g - but I assume my question is general
> and not version-dependent ...

See (I think there are more specific posts floating around somewhere that explain how things change, but that was found with a quick google).

Also see

-- is bogus.
"A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane
to its maximum." - Jon McBride, astronaut