Re: procedure submitted to dbms_job - implicit commit?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 11:06:15 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 22, 7:13 am, steph <stepha..._at_yahoo.de> wrote:
> Hi group,
>
> I'm just wondering - and I tried to look it up in the documentation:
>
> When I submit a dbms_job calling a pl/sql-procedure and this procedure
> does some data-changes - is it for sure that this changes are
> commited? (There is no commit in the procedure.)
>
> I've tried with a little test-case and the job's changes seem to be
> commited - but I'm not sure if this is standard behaviour. Is it
> possible to submit a job that does no implicit commit?

Besides what Dan Blum noted, see metalink Note:61730.1.

> Thanks,
> stephan
>
> Oh, my version of Oracle is 10g - but I assume my question is general
> and not version-dependent ...

See http://www.orafaq.com/maillist/oracle-l/2005/02/09/0440.htm (I think there are more specific posts floating around somewhere that explain how things change, but that was found with a quick google).

Also see http://www.pythian.com/blogs/398/dbms_scheduler-and-implicit-commits

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
"A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane