Re: impdp very very long ...

From: Giganews <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:34:22 +0200

I don't know WHAT it is waiting for, but I know WHO is waiting: at some point in the alert log, I get several messages MMNL absent for 1205 secs; Foregrounds taking over MMNL absent for 2856 secs; Foregrounds taking over etc.
I found on Metalink that this might be a problem with the Undo tablespace datafile definition, when max size < initial size. This was probably the case in our system: we had set Initial Size to 1024000 KB, and max size to 1000 MB. I changed max size to 2 GB and the problem seems to be fixed. Yesterday, the procedure took about 90 minutes, which is a normal duration.