Re: Oracle with Crystal Reports 11.5.3

From: Jer <>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 08:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

Thank you Dan, looks like a lot of great information there.

For the strong typed ref cursors do they also have to be of a table or view rowtype (I noticed that defining a record type does not work with crystal)?

After working with SQL Server and crystal it seems a bit overkill to have to create a separate empty table (or view) which looks like the return result of the stored procedure if my procedure is selecting multiple fields from multiple tables...

I also noticed that Crystal reports has issues finding stored procedures which are part of a package - it will find them initially but when you verify the database it removes the call - I was able to get around this by creating a stored procedure which was not part of any package!

Thanks Received on Thu Jul 10 2008 - 10:14:12 CDT

Original text of this message