Multiple Queries

From: <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 07:53:06 -0700 (PDT)

Morning!

I have to write a procedure which will accept a record type and the number of records to return to the calling PHP script.

We have a similar script which gets data from a single query and opens a SELECT statement for PHP like this: OPEN line FOR v_query;

But in this case, I may get multiple pairs of parameters at one time. So, it may be where I have to return 3 records of type 1 and 4 records of type 2 and 6 records of type 3.

This is a PHP script calling this Oracle procedure. I'm having rouble writing a single query which can be opened for select that contains both the record type to retrieve and the number of records for that type.

If I use some kind of loop, it will not work for opening the query to PHP. I'm looking for any suggestions someone may have. Received on Thu Jul 10 2008 - 09:53:06 CDT

Original text of this message