Re: "add databases to tree" dialog box not appearing

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 7, 11:37 am, markg22..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> We are running OEM 8i on a WINDOWS 2000 box .
> When we click on file/add database to tree, nothing happens.
> It used to work.
> Is there some log we can look at ?
> Is it a WINDOWS problem rather than ORACLE ?
> Could anyone please advise  ?
>
> Thanks

It's been way too long since I've seen that to say anything definitive, but I have a distinct memory that there was a memory leak that would cause things like this to happen, and simply rebooting the box and running nothing else before OEM would fix. I think adding more memory to the box reduced the visibility of these sorts of things a lot. I'm pretty sure I went up to 2G, but now I look at the much upgraded box and I see only 1G, running much more stuff with much less problems. This box has a habit of being upgraded while I'm not looking, someone got that extra gig thinking I wouldn't notice... and they were right. All things considered, I'm happy to suddenly get way more disk without losing anything. This box is running XP Pro, XE, a lot of X windows, multiple thin client apps, MS office (usually just mail, sometimes spreadsheet), browsers with various things including 10gR2 dbconsole, and I just ran 9i OEM to remember about your problem. The only slow thing is the dbconsole (and the startup of the various things), and I'm not a patient person.

So upgrade!

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.