Re: ASM I/O size

From: K Gopalakrishnan <kaygopal_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 21:17:00 -0700 (PDT)

ASM uses (by default) 1MB as the stripe size. It is called Allocation Unit (AU) in ASM terminology. This ASM AU size is (crudely) like your extent size for datafiles and ASM reads one extent at a time from a disk. Depending on how many disks you have you read n*1MB data per read. There is an 'asmiostat' in the 11g version and I am not aware of any such thing in your version.

-Gopal