Re: ASM I/O size

From: <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 09:11:24 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks for your response.. few Questions reg. your following comment...

>Depending on how many disks you have you read n*1MB data per
> read.  There is an 'asmiostat' in the 11g version and I am not aware
> of any such thing in your version.

So in my example of reading 10GB table on 100x256GB ASM disk group, Will oracle issue 100MB/Read? Will it not take into account formula max(MBRC* DB Block size, Max size supported by AIX )?

I don't see 1MB/Read in my iostat -D reading. I see more or less ~200KB/Read and Just wondering why..

Thanks Received on Mon Jul 07 2008 - 11:11:24 CDT

Original text of this message