Re: create database fatal error

From: Tommy Halsbrekk <tommy_at_dummy.no>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 19:30:21 +0100

Michael Austin wrote:

> Were you able to get your problem solved?
>
> Make sure your database directories are owned by oracle user.
>
> Have a look at http://www.fast-track.cc/10g_02.htm
>
> - specifically these lines:
> DATAFILE '/usr/oracle/OraHome1/oradata/aultdb1/test/system01.dbf' SIZE
> 300M REUSE AUTOEXTEND ON NEXT 10240K MAXSIZE UNLIMITED
> EXTENT MANAGEMENT LOCAL
>
> AUTOEXTEND ON will automagically add space to the file as needed.

Thanks that worked beautifully. I dont understand the line eniterly though, because other examples I have seen dont have the autoextend option, so I thought the extent management local was the clue.

In any case thanks for all help

regards

tommy Received on Sun Jul 06 2008 - 13:30:21 CDT

Original text of this message