Re: Tuning tool

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2008 17:31:23 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 1, 1:14 pm, joel garry <joel-ga..._at_home.com> wrote:

snip

> You're my hero! :-)
>
> I saw Carlin do the Halloween show at UCSB, 1978.  Afterwards, there
> was a "min-riot" in Isla Vista.  I was lucky, I didn't live there that
> year, we saw lots of SB county sheriffs going in as we drove out.  We
> also saw people dressed up in police costumes (some with pig masks)...http://www.dailynexus.com/article.php?a=3596
>
> jg

Well if it means anything I laughed my but off when Mr. Carlin tried to score some ( well stuff ) from our table hanging out after high school at a Perkins Pancake in Kent Ohio ( must have been summer of 73 ). He wandered over from his table where several of his traveling road show members were still sitting.

We were like "dude you look like a narc" just for giggles ... he was definitely a few pounds heavy and getting a bald spot way back then. He had just done a show last night at Kent State and needed to try to bother us? Wow.

He wasn't impressed with our humour and walked away with a red face. Geez at least he could have laughed.

But for comedy at that time we were much more into Cheech and Chong maybe even Firesign Theater ( ala Were ALL Bozos on this bus ) or Zappa and the Mothers .

Carlin seemed to have ambition but was working it way too hard. Not funny to high school freaks.

I guess it did prove that we had some pretty impressive long hair for high school students back then!

For whatever it is worth ... Received on Wed Jul 02 2008 - 19:31:23 CDT

Original text of this message