DBA_PROCEDURES / DBA_TRIGGERS

From: <bierwaermer_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 09:33:02 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, there!

We are using Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0.

When I select * from DBA_TRIGGERS where OWNER = 'XYZ' I can see all (valid AND invalid) triggers in that schema. When I select * from DBA_PROCEDURES where OWNER = 'XYZ' I can see ONLY valid procedures in that schema.

Can anyone confirm this?
Has that always been so, also in previous versions (I don't have a 8.x or 9.x database)?
Is this by design and if yes, what could be a logical explanation for this (in my perception inconsistent) behaviour ?

I'm asking this because we are preparing a script to move all objects from one schema to another schema that contains already some objects whereas we don't want to overwrite newer objects in the new schema with older stuff from the old schema.

In the meantime I learned that I could retrieve the necessary information from *_OBJECTS views, but still I wonder if it's an unplanned feature (AKA "bug")?

Thanks, D. Received on Thu Jun 26 2008 - 11:33:02 CDT

Original text of this message