Re: Any Oracle 11g for Solaris x86?

From: AGT <>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 08:07:49 -0700

On Wed, 25 Jun 2008 13:34:44 -0700, DA Morgan wrote:

> wrote:

>> On Jun 18, 11:07 pm, hpuxrac <> wrote:
>>> The WAG that John put out about maybe seeing it as 11.2 is not a bad
>>> guess.  I second that but really wouldn't be shocked ( surprised yes )
>>> if it just never comes out again.

>> Do you really think that Oracle 11g may never be released for Solaris
>> x64
>> or it could take well over a year for it to come to us via Release 2.
>> What happen to this close relationship between Sun and Oracle.
> Sun as in the owner of MySQL? An Oracle competitor? That Sun? <g>

Youd have to ask "The Schwartz" [SpaceBalls] why he spent that 2 billion or whatever it was. But I doubt it was to compete with Oracle. More like grab some of the Lie-nux pie. Exospherics like this mystify me.. Anyway to not have an 11g port for x86 Solaris would be a missed opportunity I think. Sun has some nice x86 hardware if you like that sort of thing. Received on Thu Jun 26 2008 - 10:07:49 CDT

Original text of this message