Re: Account to install Oracle with on Windows platform

From: hpuxrac <>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:19:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 23, 8:20 am, gazzag <> wrote:

> > If you do have to use windows, then bottom line, what Mr. Bakker said
> > aka recommending using a local admin account is pretty much dead on as
> > good advice based on all the postings we have seen here in cdos over
> > the years.

> I believe that the OP is asking whether there's any merit in creating
> a Windows "Oracle" logon, as one would do on a Unix system.  As far as
> I can see, that has not been addressed.
> -g

Looks like you are correct ... must have too many hours working recently to read questions adequately.

Not really being a windows dba but I think as long as you make the account a "local admin" type of account then you can call it what you want in windows. Not sure any real benefit of making the name oracle since that is a unix convention but hey why not. Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 17:19:39 CDT

Original text of this message