Expired Certificate in OEM

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 20:41:50 +0100

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I have searched Tahiti, and Googled, but have found nothing of use.

I installed Oracle 10.2.0.1 on AIX 5L (64 bit) the other day, and created a small database to test. Enterprise Manager Database Control was configured to use http, and worked.

Today I applied the patch to 10.2.0.4 and used dbua to upgrade the test database.

All went well, with one exception. During the patch OEM Database Control was reconfigured to use https - good. However, when I access it from a Windows box on the network, I get a warning that the certificate has expired. I can click through and OEM works fine, but obviously that situation won't be acceptable in a production scenario.

I'm a reasonably experienced DBA, but (being of the old-fashioned command-line-and-Unix-scripting school) fairly new to OEM, and not familiar with SSL, so sorry if this is a bit of a newbie question. It appears I need to do something on the server side to extend, revalidate, renew the certificate or whatever, but what do I do?

Thanks,
Palooka Received on Mon Jun 23 2008 - 14:41:50 CDT

Original text of this message