Re: Expired Certificate in OEM

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 21:33:37 +0200

Palooka wrote:
> Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I have searched Tahiti, and Googled, but
> have found nothing of use.
>
> I installed Oracle 10.2.0.1 on AIX 5L (64 bit) the other day, and
> created a small database to test. Enterprise Manager Database Control
> was configured to use http, and worked.
>
> Today I applied the patch to 10.2.0.4 and used dbua to upgrade the test
> database.
>
> All went well, with one exception. During the patch OEM Database Control
> was reconfigured to use https - good. However, when I access it from a
> Windows box on the network, I get a warning that the certificate has
> expired. I can click through and OEM works fine, but obviously that
> situation won't be acceptable in a production scenario.

And why would that be?
As the purpose of https is just to encrypt the datastream between client (you/your browser) and the server (OEM), who cares if the certificate expired? What does it signify? That you did not pay some firm hefty dollars. It does not mean your data gets compromised.

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel