Re: Account to install Oracle with on Windows platform

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2008 16:17:53 -0700 (PDT)

On Jun 20, 10:13 am, macdba321 <macdba..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Since you read the documentation, please show me where it says to use
> the *local* administrator account. Because, nowhere that I have found
> does it state to use the "local administrator account". It states to
> be a "member of the Administrators group". So my question is still
> valid: Are most of you out there installing as "Administrator" or as
> an "Oracle" account that is a member of the administrators group?

First advice is to run oracle on a unix/linux machine instead of windows.

If you do have to use windows, then bottom line, what Mr. Bakker said aka recommending using a local admin account is pretty much dead on as good advice based on all the postings we have seen here in cdos over the years.

You can use the google groups search interface against cdos and check yourself if you want to. Received on Sun Jun 22 2008 - 18:17:53 CDT

Original text of this message