Re: Backup of D:\oracle on Windows

From: gazzag <gareth_at_jamms.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 05:29:50 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 Jun, 13:11, howard <pkowa..._at_gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. Yes, it is the ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_BASE.
> 2. The datafiles would reside on a LUN on a separate drive.
> 3. Shut it down if I want to do a cold copy.
>
> Thanks
>
> Howard

Howard, you can't use RMAN to backup a file system. Ideally, if any, the only files being written to under ORACLE_HOME will be your dump files. "show parameter dump" will confirm whether this is the case or not. As long as there are no database files (data files, redo etc) under ORACLE_HOME, I'd look into using the "xcopy" command from the command prompt.

HTH -g Received on Tue Jun 17 2008 - 07:29:50 CDT

Original text of this message