Re: How to determine if tablespace/datafile is in BACKUP mode

From: Michael Austin <>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 19:26:30 -0500

Stan Brown wrote:
> I have a instance, that does hot backups to another machine via
> NFS. The NFS server had issues this weekend, and I believe that everything
> is back to normal now, but i would like to make certain that none of the
> instances tablespaces/datafiles were inadvertently left in BACKUP mode.
> How can I verify this?

I am guessing that your employer does not really care about their data to be running on a version that is almost a decade old...

There is no upgrade path from that version. You will basically scrap everything and start over doing a painful export/import. Received on Mon Jun 09 2008 - 19:26:30 CDT

Original text of this message