Re: Find start and end execution time of a sql statement?

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:23:55 -0700 (PDT)

On May 27, 7:58 pm, zigzag..._at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Find start and end execution time of a sql statement?
> I am have databases with 10.2.0.3 and 9.2.0.8 on HP UNIX  11i and
> Windows 200x.
>
> I am not in a position to turn on sql tracing in production
> environment. Yet, I want to find when a sql statement started
> executing and when it ended. When I look at v$sql, it has information
> such FIRST_LOAD_TIME, LAST_LOAD_TIME etc. No where it has information
> last time statement began execution and when it ended execution.. It
> shows no of executions, elapsed time etc, but they are cumulative. Is
> there a way to find individual times (time information each time a sql
> statement was executed. – its start time, its end time ….)? If I were
> to write my own program how will I do it?

I haven't run it yet, but check out http://ashmasters.com/ash-simulation/ (found from following link on Doug Burns blog). A brief glance at the script and I see it keeps time of collection and elapsed time, so if there isn't something more specific you should be able to figure start, stop and elapsed times.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.joeydevilla.com/2008/05/27/happy-51st-birthday-siouxsie-sioux/