Re: Oracle 10g2 on RHEL 5 - sqlplus problem

From: macdba321 <>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:27:30 -0700 (PDT)

On May 27, 9:14 am, wrote:
> Hi.
> I have jsut installed Oracle 10g2 on RHEL 5. I create my listener
> file. Set my environment variables (sid, ld library path, etc) and
> then, as the oracle user, I try to run sqlplus '/ as sysdba'. It
> does nothing. Doesn't report an error, just returns me back to my
> prompt.
> I have absolutely no idea where to start to troubleshoot this. I've
> been running this with RHEL3 for a couple of years now with no
> problems. I need to upgrade because the new hardware I am getting
> doesn't support RHEL3, but if I can't get sqlplus running, it is a
> showstopper.
> Please help!
> Thanks!!
> nuffi

What happens if you just try to start sqlplus from the command prompt? (not trying to login)?

Also, if you CD to the $ORACLE_HOME/bin and then try to run sqlplus (without logging in at the same time) does it start sqlplus even? Received on Tue May 27 2008 - 12:27:30 CDT

Original text of this message