Oracle 10g2 on RHEL 5 - sqlplus problem

From: <nuffnough_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 06:14:23 -0700 (PDT)

Hi.

I have jsut installed Oracle 10g2 on RHEL 5. I create my listener file. Set my environment variables (sid, ld library path, etc) and then, as the oracle user, I try to run sqlplus '/ as sysdba'. It does nothing. Doesn't report an error, just returns me back to my prompt.

I have absolutely no idea where to start to troubleshoot this. I've been running this with RHEL3 for a couple of years now with no problems. I need to upgrade because the new hardware I am getting doesn't support RHEL3, but if I can't get sqlplus running, it is a showstopper.

Please help!

Thanks!!

nuffi Received on Tue May 27 2008 - 08:14:23 CDT

Original text of this message