Re: SQL Server for Oracle DBAs

From: Tony Rogerson <>
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 14:44:59 +0100

> Actually Oracle never recommended that.
> This is just another one of your attempts to make sqlserver look white
> by making Oracle look black by spreading lies about Oracle.
> Why don't you PLONK yourself instead of continuing to do make further
> disservices to Mickeysoft products using this smear campaign?

Shut up you donut.

In the SQL Server space we don't use a single RAID 10 array like you do with Oracle SAME; we optimise via file groups - may be a single RAID 10 for a specific install but may be multuple RAID 10's depending on the IO requirements of the database, oh and put the log on a seperate array.

Tony Rogerson, SQL Server MVP
[Ramblings from the field from a SQL consultant]
[UK SQL User Community]