Re: Graphical Oracle administration

From: Luigi <>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 05:44:44 -0700 (PDT)

On 22 Mag, 14:15, yossarian <> wrote:

> > It is a database specific tool
> Just like SQL Server Management Studio.
> and not a DBMS tools
>> ?

Oracle Database 10g, SQL Server 2005, IBM DB2 9.5 are RDBMS. When i perform a CREATE DATABASE query i create a database not a RDBMS.
SQL Server Management Studio let me connect with an installed SQL Server RDBMS and then i can right-click and create a database. In Oracle I can only use the DBCA to create a database and then I can manage it with the Enterprise Manager Database Control, but I have no chance to use only one graphical tool for all like SSMS and like Oracle SQL Developer adding to it "DBMS functionalities". Received on Thu May 22 2008 - 07:44:44 CDT

Original text of this message