Re: mod_plsql question re max length of POSTed data

From: Maxim Demenko <>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 05:19:36 -0700 (PDT)

On 16 Mai, 13:50, jeremy <> wrote:
> Hi folks
> With 9i on Solaris we seem to be able to post large values (>32k) via
> mod_plsql where in 10g it appears there is a restriction.
> The doc for 10g (9.0.4 of AS)
> "mod_plsql limits the size of a single parameter that can be passed to
> a procedure to 32000 bytes."
> This is a barrier to migrating to 10g - don't understand why the
> limitation doesn't appear to exist in 9i?
> --
> jeremy

Don't your link to documetation implies the limitation *does* appear to exist in 9i? IIRC this limitation was always in place, regardless of Oracle version. There can be made different workarounds ( one that i am aware of - with javascript and AJAX calls) which would split posted data in a number of 32k chunks and submit them all individually, but such workarounds are mostly equally well applicable for 9i and 10g.

Best regards

Maxim Received on Fri May 16 2008 - 07:19:36 CDT

Original text of this message