Re: mod_plsql question re max length of POSTed data

From: jeremy <jeremy0505_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 05:33:45 -0700 (PDT)

On May 16, 1:19 pm, Maxim Demenko <mdeme..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 16 Mai, 13:50, jeremy <jeremy0..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi folks
>
> > With 9i on Solaris we seem to be able to post large values (>32k) via
> > mod_plsql where in 10g it appears there is a restriction.
>
> > The doc for 10g (9.0.4 of AS)
>
> >http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10464_05/web.904/b10357/conc...
>
> > "mod_plsql limits the size of a single parameter that can be passed to
> > a procedure to 32000 bytes."
>
> > This is a barrier to migrating to 10g - don't understand why the
> > limitation doesn't appear to exist in 9i?
>
> > --
> > jeremy
>
> Don't your link to documetation implies the limitation *does* appear
> to exist in 9i?

Well the documentation states 10g (AS 9.0.4) so not entirely sure... but we are experiencing different behaviour between three environments running same application code:

Solaris 9iR2 - 90,000 bytes OK
RHEL 10gR2 - 90,000 bytes ERROR
Windows2000 - 90,000 bytes OK

> IIRC this limitation was always in place, regardless
> of Oracle version. There can be made different workarounds ( one that
> i am aware of - with javascript and AJAX calls) which would split
> posted data in a number of 32k chunks and submit them all
> individually, but such workarounds are mostly equally well applicable
> for 9i and 10g.

I'd like to understand why the difference in behaviour but could you indicate where such workarounds are documented?

Many thanks

--
jeremy