Re: Restore and Rename a database from RMAN backupsets

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 21:45:36 -0700 (PDT)

> Why do you think you will be connecting to the prod db? Take a look at:http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14191/r...

Because in order for the DUPLICATE command to work you have to be connected to the TARGET database 'and' the AUXILLIARY database. This by definition means that you will connect to our production DB. The duplicate command will then recover the datafiles from the most recent RMAN backup and then attempt to apply redo up to the last archivelog that the production database has archived.

I was interested in knowing if it was possible to achieve this "without" having to connect to the TARGET database at all.....(for example if the backup sets are available but connectivity between duplicate site and target site is not available). Received on Thu May 15 2008 - 23:45:36 CDT

Original text of this message