I have a 2 node RAC but failed to create EM dbcontrol. Error "Password for SYS user: Invalid username/password"

From: Woody Ling <woodyling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 09:27:37 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 2 node RAC and used the following command to create the EM dbcontrol :

emca -config dbcontrol db -cluster

STARTED EMCA at 10-may-2008 17:33:42
EM Configuration Assistant, Version 10.2.0.2.0 Production Copyright (c) 2003, 2005, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Enter the following information:
Database unique name: abcdb
Listener port number: 1541
Cluster name: crs

Password for SYS user:
Password for SYS user: Invalid username/password.
Password for SYS user:
Password for SYS user: Invalid username/password.
Password for SYS user:
Password for SYS user: Invalid username/password.
Password for SYS user:
Password for SYS user: Invalid username/password.
Password for SYS user:
Password for SYS user: Invalid username/password.
Password for SYS user:

The password is ok, I can connect by "sqlplus sys/password_at_abcdb as sysdba" with no problem. But emca does not work.

In order to test the password, I try "emca -config dbcontrol db" and no error. However, only one node em is created.

The crs is ok, listeners are up, tnsping response ok.

I also drop and re-create the db by dbca but it has the same problem.

I have tested "reconfig dbcontrol, -repos create, -repos drop etc" but still same error...

Any idea?

Woody Ling
Hong Kong Received on Sun May 11 2008 - 11:27:37 CDT

Original text of this message