db_create_file_dest cannot be a sub-directory of ASM diskgroup?

From: Woody Ling <woodyling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 22:01:51 -0700 (PDT)

I have created an ASM diskgroup, +DATA, and create some directories under it by ASMCMD (e.g. oradata, flash_recovery_area etc).

When I try to create a new oracle database by dbca, I choose OMF and set the Database Area as "+DATA/oradata/", it will report error that the destination string cannot be translated.

Does it mean that the db_create_file_dest should be the "root path" of the ASM diskgroup?

Thanks.
Woody Ling
Hong Kong Received on Mon Apr 21 2008 - 00:01:51 CDT

Original text of this message