Re: How to move Oracle Express 10 database form one machine to another one.

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2008 09:24:13 GMT

On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 10:28:04 +0200, Maxim Demenko wrote:

> In general backup and restore of Oracle databases (for all editions i am
> aware of - including Oracle XE) works pretty well, including the
> scenario of restore to different host. The process itself is well
> documented and can be looked up here

Reading manuals is boring and exhausting and is only for inferior minds. Those among us who, like Luke Skywalker, can use the Force can do it much easier. If the Force fails, then asking someone else to solve the problem for you is a worthy alternative. Reading manuals is cheating and unworthy of a Jedi. It is something for those pesky computer geeks who will, if all else fails, solve the problem, nevertheless. To mask the fact that I am a hard core computer geek, I am considering changing my net nickname to Darth Vader, Sauron, Gandalf, Voldemort or some other mighty fictional magician from children's literature and movies. Am I original or what?

Kindest regards,
Vogon Yeltz

--
Mladen Gogala